Why New Era collects personal information
New Era collects personal information because it helps us deliver superior products and service. It may enable us to focus on products and information of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us communicate to you our latest products, special offers and information and events you might like to hear about.
Types of personal information New Era collects and how it is used
The following provides examples of the types of personal information that we collect from you when you visit our website or mobile application and the purposes for which we use the information.
Types of Data, Purpose of Collection, and Use of Data
We may collect your name and contact information when you create an account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
Cookies and First Party Tracking
We may collect information such as your age or location.
When you use one of our applications we may collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our products.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we may collect information necessary to process your application. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we may collect your email address or postal address.
We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.
We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
Sweepstakes or contests
When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we may collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
Third Party Tracking
We participate in behaviour-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behaviour from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behaviour you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
We may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also collect information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check. The online application portion of our website is powered by a secure third party recruitment database. Resumes and/or job applications you submit for job openings will be used only for considering your application for the posted position (or other relevant positions) and not for marketing purposes.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide the products and services you request, or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline your checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose your personal information in the following situations:
1. Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your information with that company.
2. Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
3. Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information as required by law including in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
4. Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
6. Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
2. Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at email@example.com with "STOP MAILINGS" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
3. Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying "STOP."
4. Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
5. Revocation Of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent to certain kinds of processing of personal information, or you do not provide us with the personal information that we reasonably require, then we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
6. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
How New Era Protects Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorised access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
If you create an account via our website, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorised by you. You should notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You have the right to request:
- Access to personal information. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address described below.
- Correction of your personal information. You may request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information please contact us at the address described below.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our corporate affiliates and to service providers located offshore. As a result your personal information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. New Era may share its customer information (including personally identifiable information) with certain companies to comply with your request for the shipment of products to, or the provisions of services by, a third party intermediary, including, but not limited to Braintree Payments (http://www.braintreepayments.com), PayPal (http://www.paypal.com), Windsor Circle (http://www.windsorcircle.com), XPO Logistics (http://www.xpo.com), UPS (http://www.ups.com), and United States Postal Services (http://www.usps.com). We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Children's privacy. New Era realizes that children may visit this website, and New Era encourages children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. However, New Era believes that it is ultimately the parents' responsibility to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their names, addresses, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. New Era will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 without first obtaining parental consent. If a child under 18 submits personal information to New Era and we learn that the information is from a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information. We will also endeavour to respond to any complaint within a reasonable period. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Attention: Customer Care and Legal Department
160 Delaware Ave.
Buffalo, New York 14202
Last Revised: 03/09/2018